When you meet with, or talk to, your insurance agent, what are the topics of conversation? Do you only talk about your bill, or why your premium has increased? Is the only time you hear from your agent when they try to sell you additional coverage? Some agencies even try to dissuade you from talking to your agent!
We are here to provide a different approach. We recommend talking to your agent at least once a year—or even more if needed. Communication is the key to all good relationships. We will reach out to you and talk to you about the following:
- How is your claim being processed? Can we assist you with the process?
- Did you receive a copy of your policy? Do you have any questions?
- Have you made any major purchases like a new car, boat, or other high-end items?
- I know you have a wine collection; did you purchase any new bottles that need to be insured?
- Your son Travis is heading off to college; we might want to review your auto coverage.
- How is your new job going? Do they offer life insurance, or would you like to look at some options?
- Have you thought more about identity theft coverage?
- These days, many people are driving for a ride-sharing company, is there anyone in your house doing this?
These are just some examples of what our conversations might look like. Of course, we always start our conversations with “Good day it is great to connect,” and end with “Thank you for your business, we value our relationship and love serving you.”
In 1989, Oakwood’s founder, Bruce L. Sogn, set out to establish a business that would give him the opportunity to serve the community and to fulfill a need in the marketplace. Today as an independent insurance agency, Oakwood does just that.
After researching the insurance industry, he found that by becoming an independent insurance agent, he could offer a comprehensive range of insurance products and services to his clients. By maintaining focus on competitive products, Oakwood has kept its commitment to service, professionalism, and the highest integrity.