Black Friday and Cyber Monday coming, and holiday spending will continue right up to December 24th. According to the Nation Retail Federation, 84% of Americans will use the internet to shop during the holidays. Even during non-holiday times, people are using noncash transactions for the purchases of goods and services.
- Consider identity theft insurance.
- When shopping, only take the credit cards you need.
- Review your bank statements to make sure all transactions are correct.
- When online shopping, only use sites you have used before or those that are reputable.
- Make sure your antivirus and anti-spyware software is up to date.
- Don’t open emails from people you don’t know, even if your name is in the reference line.
- Don’t shop on unprotected wireless networks. Enjoy your coffee at the coffee shop, but do your shopping at home.
- Use complex passwords and change them regularly.
- Keep your Social Security Card and number locked up.
- Keep your laptop or tablet locked in the trunk.
- Keep receipts in your purse or wallet, not in the bag.
Identity Theft insurance
Identity Theft Protection assists with the costs of restoring and repairing a consumer’s identity and credit history. Call our office for a quote.
Oakwood operates as an independent insurance agency, selling an extensive spectrum of insurance to businesses, families, and individuals. Our competitive advantage comes from the objective and professional service that we provide our access.
Oakwood is involved with numerous local, state and national insurance associations and communities. The agency encourages employees to devote time to these endeavors. Oakwood’s approach is one of total risk management, encompassing the areas of property & liability insurance, automotive insurance, worker’s compensation, professional liability, individual or group accident & health insurance, life insurance, contract surety bonds, and personal insurance. Oakwood provides an in-depth range of insurance products and services to assist in securing our clients’ future. We are an agency committed to excellence, founded on the principle of integrity.