COVID-19 And Your Business
Most of us are doing our best to comply with the COVID-19 stay at home order. However, there are also many of us who still must go to our place of work. Here are some things you can do to help maintain safety and financial health for your business, employees, and clients in the workplace during this time of uncertainty.
We recommend you check with your City, County, State, OSHA, Department of Health, and other agencies for provided employer guidelines, as during this COVID-19 event, policies can change daily.
COVID-19 Workplace Safety Tips
- Do not leave any valuables clearly visible or accessible.
- Mandate all employees wash hands frequently and provide antibacterial supplies.
- Develop an Infectious Disease Preparedness and Response Plan.
- Restaurants that offer takeout services should remove all tables and chairs.
- Provide gloves for staff to use when cleaning, and frequently clean rooms and any areas to which people have access.
- Limit food sharing.
- Disinfect surfaces like doorknobs, tables, desks, and handrails regularly.
- Use videoconferencing for meetings when possible. When not possible, hold meetings in open, well-ventilated spaces.
- Add COVID-19 information and updates on your webpage and social media sites.
- Consider regular health checks including temperature and respiratory symptom screening, of staff and visitors entering buildings (if feasible).
- Require workers who are ill to stay home.
- Consider posting “NO TRESPASSING” signage.
Oakwood operates as an independent insurance agency, selling an extensive spectrum of insurance to businesses, families, and individuals. Our competitive advantage comes from the objective and professional service that we provide our access to a wide range of carriers and our extensive knowledge of the insurance marketplace.