Shopping Safety Tips
- Always be aware of your surroundings.
- Put your shopping bags in your trunk.
- NEVER leave car doors unlocked or windows open.
- ALWAYS park in lighted areas. Do NOT park in remote areas.
- Shop with a friend.
- Keep receipts in your wallet or purse.
- Avoid carrying large amounts of cash.
- As you return to your car, make sure to keep your car key in your hand.
- If you make expensive purchases like jewelry or guns, call our office as we may need to add these to your policy.
- If you are planning to vacation during the holiday, here are few ideas to consider:
- Get a security system.
- Trim landscaping that is too close to your house.
- Don’t advertise your vacation on social media.
- Cancel mail and other deliveries.
- Leave lights on when gone.
- Have a neighbor check on your home.
- Always lock your garden sheds and garages.
- Use a variable light timer to activate lights inside your home.
- Lock all doors and windows.
- If you gone, arrange for your lawn to be mowed.
Employment claims can be distracting and emotional for business owners who may feel betrayed by employees they have known and trusted. Claims can take more than a year to resolve and many businesses suffer while owners deal with a claim. Having an office bully can be distracting to employees and can even reduce productivity.
Here Is a Quote from One Business Owner:
"It was the hassle factor that was so distracting. The entire ordeal caused a lot of sleepless nights." -- Owner of a bottling plant.
Employment Practices Liability Insurance (EPLI) provides defense and indemnity protection against claims arising from the employer/employee relationship. The policy can also protect employers, including current, former and prospective employees, and directors and officers. Employment Practices Liability Insurance (EPLI) is designed to help employers respond to growing EPL exposures, such as:
· Wrongful termination
· Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and other government authorities
· Breach of employment contract
· Wage and hour claims
· Invasion of privacy
· Compensation issues
· Employee Benefits Administration
We can design a specialized package according to your property, liability, and casualty needs. We are also proactive in identifying any factors that may increase your premiums or change your risk, and provide consulting and risk management options to protect your business. We are ready to help you better understand your risks. Please call our office today.